Equations inserted as pdfs acting weirdly

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

Jakepopshop
Got the styles thing figured out

Equations inserted as pdfs acting weirdly

Post by Jakepopshop »

Hello,

I'm working on a fairly long document with lots of equations and maths variables. I have inserted them all as pdfs, cut and paste from Latexit. The display equations I have no problem with, but the inline equations, i.e. the ones inserted during a line of text, occasionally become stretched out of shape and do not display correctly. Or equations are replaced by warped versions of other equations from a different part of the document.

If I close the document and re-open it, the problem is usually fixed, but this is a bit disconcerting. What could be causing this problem and how can I stop it happening? Is it a bug?

Any ideas much appreciated!

Jake
ozean
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Equations inserted as pdfs acting weirdly

Post by ozean »

Sounds very much like a bug – I guess I would send a report to the Redlers and include a sample document with a sample PDF and some instructions on how to reproduce the problem.
DylanMuir
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by DylanMuir »

I also saw this happen on occasion, but not lately. These days I'm using MathType and inserting .PICT equations.

BTW Jake, did you find a solution to correcting the baseline of equations automatically from latexit? A major problem for inline variables and equations. It's the main reason I switched to MathType.

DRM
Jakepopshop
Got the styles thing figured out

Post by Jakepopshop »

Ozean, I wouldn't actually know how to reproduce it - mostly the document is fine, the problems seemingly appear completely at random. It does sort of feel like a bug, since it corrects itself every time (so far, fingers crossed) just by closing and re-opening the doc.

Dylan, no I never found a solution, I'm adjusting baselines as I go, but I'm not finding it that much of a chore since I've learnt the adjustments for the variables I'm using (there's lots of repetition) and after a while you can just tell automatically what the adjustment should be... :) I considered Mathtype also, but went for latexit for reasons I can't quite recall now...!

Cheers
Jake