Comments in track changes

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

Megan Raby
Got the auto-title mojo working

Comments in track changes

Post by Megan Raby »

I know its been mentioned here before, but I'd just like to add my voice to those who'd like to see comments in track changes. I've wanted this for awhile, but recently I received feedback on a paper from a professor using Word. Mellel converted his edits beautifully, except no comments. Its a shame, because I wanted to be able to respond to the edits in Mellel, but now I'll have to go back and forth between Word and Mellel. No fun at all, especially with a long dissertation chapter. Until everyone has Mellel (!), its important to be able to convert those comments, as well as insertions and deletions, into Mellel. It would also be nice to be able to insert comments in Mellel for editing more generally, quite part from any conversion from Word.

Thanks, and really hoping to see this feature in future versions!
nicka
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Comments in track changes

Post by nicka »

In the meantime, Mellel should pop up a warning dialogue when incoming comments are discarded. The current behaviour is dangerous and unforgivable – silent loss of data.
ozean

Post by ozean »

nicka wrote:In the meantime, Mellel should pop up a warning dialogue when incoming comments are discarded. The current behaviour is dangerous and unforgivable – silent loss of data.
That would be good indeed!
macsailor

Post by macsailor »

nicka wrote:In the meantime, Mellel should pop up a warning dialogue when incoming comments are discarded. The current behaviour is dangerous and unforgivable – silent loss of data.
Have you sent at message to the Redlers regarding this suggestion? If not, please do it. I second your suggestion
Peter Edwardsson
Truth is not always popular, but it is always right.
nicka

Post by nicka »

I think I said something along these lines to them when beta testing the version which introduced track changes, and I've certainly said it once before now on a thread on the forum that Ori or Eyal contributed to, so presumably read. I don't want to badger them.
dialektik
Got the styles thing figured out

Post by dialektik »

bump.