automatically change associated character styles

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

devananda
Got the styles thing figured out

automatically change associated character styles

Post by devananda »

hello,

if I change the associated character style for a paragraph style in one document then instantly all of the paragraphs with that style change to reflect the changed associated character style-

and I thought that the next time I open a different document with that same paragraph style then the changes would also take effect.

Is this right? if I change an associated character style, or any attribute, for a paragraph style, then the changes take affect the next time any document with those styles is opened.

This happened with one of my paragraph styles but not the other.

Sincerely,
rpcameron
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: automatically change associated character styles

Post by rpcameron »

This is possible, but it is not the default behavior. In the Preferences, on the Open & Save tab, is a setting to enable the behavior you are looking for. It defaults to "Preserve document styles", but what you are looking for is "Update document styles". (It's difficult to see if you're not looking for it ...)
— Robert Cameron
devananda
Got the styles thing figured out

Re: automatically change associated character styles

Post by devananda »

Thanks 4 the quick reply.

There must be an issue because I had that already checked. I didn't think about it before but now that you mention it I checked and it was already set to "update document styles"

I have a paragraph style set and the associated font is also created in the character style. when I press the "touch" icon in the paragraph style panel, the style is updated to reflect the changes (which in this case changes in font size).

but when I open any other file the changes don't take place. I'd have to go through each on and "touch" them.

I am using mellel 3.0.1 on

MacBook Pro OSX 10.8
HD: 500 GB
Processor: 2 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3