Find all by formatting

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

Lüsh
Already downloaded the guide

Re: Find all by formatting

Post by Lüsh »

The 3.3 video seduced me with the Find Set command!!! However, the issue in this thread is STILL an issue for my Scrivener -> Mellel conversion. (Last year, I ended up using Pages, but now I see that its development is moving backwards with the Maverick's release). Like Declan, clicking paragraph styles for each separate paragraph is not the transition I'm looking for. (And thank you ozean for your note that character style variations should survive.)

The video showed how you can replace character attributes, but when I try to replace with paragraph attributes (i.e., I've given up applying paragraph styles and now trying to just replace paragraph attributes), it only changes the attributes of the cursor insertion point paragraph, rather than assigning the paragraph attribute (such as "centered") to my Replace command.

For the curious, I'm using my new Find system where—while writing in Scrivener—I type a code ( -b- or -t1- etc.) at the end of each paragraph that corresponds to the correct paragraph style. So to find the "correct" paragraph, I only find the specific code. I try to apply paragraph attributes or styles in the Replace field, but it does not work. (It does work in MSWord, but as far as I know, Word doesn't have a Find Set command, requiring lengthy processing for the entire document).

Does anyone else have a better work-around?
nicka
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Find all by formatting

Post by nicka »

Find and Replace in Mellel doesn't find or replace paragraph formatting. The only way to do that is to use File>Replace Styles... . (You need to choose the paragraph tab.)