Background image page bleed

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

tika-tika
Knows everything, can also explain

Background image page bleed

Post by tika-tika »

I like the "page background" setting in Mellel. If I set an image as the background, I can't see how to get it to bleed unless I set the position to "tile" in which case it uses the original image size, which is often too big. I would like to be able to control the zoom factor for images and bleed the image to the edge of the page. Any ideas?
jannuss
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Background image page bleed

Post by jannuss »

tika-tika wrote:I like the "page background" setting in Mellel. If I set an image as the background, I can't see how to get it to bleed unless I set the position to "tile" in which case it uses the original image size, which is often too big. I would like to be able to control the zoom factor for images and bleed the image to the edge of the page. Any ideas?
Tika, I'm not clear what you mean by "bleed" and I don't think background images can be zoomed.

Have you tried editing your image [before selecting it] to the size of the page and using the "fit to page" option?

Janet
shades

Post by shades »

Jannuss, bleed would go edge of the paper to edge of the paper. But using fit-to-page will result in matching the margins not the paper edge. Unless I have missed something as well.
Rich
old, slow, and confused...but at least I’m inconsistent!

iMac 27" (10. 13. 8 ) and MBP 13" Retina (10. 13. 8 )
jannuss

Post by jannuss »

shades wrote:Jannuss, bleed would go edge of the paper to edge of the paper. But using fit-to-page will result in matching the margins not the paper edge. Unless I have missed something as well.
No, "fit to page" fills the entire physical page
but
the image has to be pre-set to the correct size or Mellel crops it as Tika says
tika-tika
Knows everything, can also explain

Post by tika-tika »

hi there... thanks for the thoughts... as it is, the only way I can find to overcome is this issue is to monkey around with the image in an image editor first to either crop it to the right dimensions to fit A4 or to scale it to close enough so I can "tile" it in Mellel so Mellel doesn't zoom in too close and crop too much. The issue here is that fit to page only fits to the closest proportional dimension, leaving blank strips on either the top and bottom or left and right, depending on the dimensions of the image. The solution, Redlers, would be add a "fill page" option so that the furthest proportional dimension fills the page and the closest is automatically cropped. This would be a big plus and save a lot of time in Photoshop.