Problems with a long document variable

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

Sayyaar
Got the auto-title mojo working

Problems with a long document variable

Post by Sayyaar »

I'm using Mellel to write an article with a lengthier title than usual. As is my custom, I'm using the Title document variable. Even though I can input the long title into the Document Setup dialogue, the full title does not display correctly in the document. It is cut off at the document boundaries. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug? Either way, is there a solution that will permit me to keep using the document variable? I'm creating a new post for this question because the last time someone asked a similar question was over five years ago, and there seems to have been no resolution at the time. Thanks.
SYR
kjmatthews
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Problems with a long document variable

Post by kjmatthews »

I reported this same issue about a year ago. I submitted a bug report to the Redlers, but they told me "I'm afraid this sort of behavior is a limitation of this feature's design.Hopefully we'll be able to upgrade this in the near future but I cannot comment on when."
Sayyaar
Got the auto-title mojo working

Re: Problems with a long document variable

Post by Sayyaar »

Thank you. At least it is good to know where things stand. I think in the meantime I will try breaking the long title up into a title and subtitle, each one stored in a separate variable. That's the only workaround I can think of.
SYR