What's next for Mellel 3.4?

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

Bruno
Got the styles thing figured out

Re: What's next for Mellel 3.4?

Post by Bruno »

A Continuous View Mode; i.e. something akin to a Draft View that does away with the page division line. Or at least a command in the View Menu to Show/Hide the page division line.
The page division line interrupts the creative flow of writing during drafting a document so an option to hide it would be very much appreciated.

Also in Full-Screen, there should be an option to Show/Hide the page division line.
(Incidentally, in older versions of Mellel (2.9 and older), there was no page division line in Full-Screen mode.

A vertical and horizontal Split Screen view option.
rickl
Got the auto-title mojo working

Post by rickl »

jannuss wrote:In order of priority for my use:

1. What I most need is improved handling of sections in a manner that would facilitate both side-by-side translations and/or commentary
-- non-symmetric sections [manual control over where the section divider falls]
-- independent column flows [right-hand column on page n flows down to the right-hand column on page n+1]
-- ability to set an anchor or link in text in one column to a position in the opposite column.

[snip]
Janet
This would be my priority!
farcas
Read the guide!

Post by farcas »

Any update on the index feature? I'd love to see it in the next update.

Thanks!
farcas
Read the guide!

Post by farcas »

The option to get ride of the page divider in draft mode and other modes would be a huge win. Until a paper is being printed, its not necessary to be shown.
Also, a split view (i.e. like Scrivener) - a feature to allow for seeing multiple places in a document (e.g. the text body and the footnote/endnote, two different pages) - would also be a great advantage for mixing between research and writing all within Mellel.

Index feature...? Can't wait! Independent column flows...? Is this on the docket for future versions? I hope so!

An option to dock the palettes would also be helpful in keeping content viewing clear.
Lastly, improvements to tables - giving them their own styles so they don't need to be tweaked every time.

Thanks!