Auto-Title Levels + Defining selective styles

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

flips
New to all this

Auto-Title Levels + Defining selective styles

Post by flips »

Hi!
I'm pretty new to Mellel. I was working on my own template.
I entered the settings for Style sets, and when I entered that, I suddenly
went from having Just three or four levels in the Auto-Title menu/palette
to having 10 Levels.

I figured I don't really need 10 levels. Is there a way to remove some?
It seems I cannot delete any of those 10, only other titles I create.
(It's no big deal, but since I originally only had three or four levels, I assume it can be changed?
I think I had "Title", "Heading" and "Sub-heading" or something like that.) :D

Plus:
Is there a way to define character styles that does not override all parameters?
I want to be able to reformat a paragraph using a paragraph and character style,
but leaves colors, font weight etc. intact/untouched (as they were pasted to Mellel from another program).
Is that possible?
flips 8)
SDempsey
Knows everything, can also explain

Re: Auto-Title Levels + Defining selective styles

Post by SDempsey »

As far as I know, there is no way to remove the extra levels; however, the extra ones don't really affect anything.

Though I do agree that Auto-title levels should be fully customizable. I ran into issues with title levels while formatting my dissertation. You should be able to structure your document however you like. For instance, I would have liked to have had several core level headings without auto-enumeration and some with (this would have required having more than one Auto-title level at the same level of hierarchy, but with different attributes). Instead, I had to use an odd method that didn't really reflect the structure of my document in order to get the ToC to come out correctly.