How to make indentation in footnotes consistent?

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

joseph_anton
Knows everything, can prove it

How to make indentation in footnotes consistent?

Post by joseph_anton »

I have a defined a style for footnotes which is simply a single spaced version of the style I am using for the body of my text. I noticed that for some reason, there are inconsistent indents between the footnote number and the beginning of the text from one footnote to the next. Looking in paragraph attributes doesn't show any signs of indentation. I wonder if anyone else has experienced this issue and might have advice on how to resolve it? Thanks!
Bulow

Re: How to make indentation in footnotes consistent?

Post by Bulow »

The only thing I can think of is, that you are nevertheless using two different note-styles. Not paragraph-style in the note, but note-attribute. Go to "insert>note>edit note attributes" and then look at "note symbol - format". The solution must be there.
Bülow
joseph_anton

Re: How to make indentation in footnotes consistent?

Post by joseph_anton »

Bulow wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:52 am The only thing I can think of is, that you are nevertheless using two different note-styles. Not paragraph-style in the note, but note-attribute. Go to "insert>note>edit note attributes" and then look at "note symbol - format". The solution must be there.
Bülow
Thank you, that was exactly the pointer that I needed to sort this out! I now have my footnotes associated properly with the correct paragraph and character styles and everything is working as it should.