Order of items in Table of Contents

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

laup
Knows everything, can prove it

Order of items in Table of Contents

Post by laup »

My table of contents is coming out in the order dictated, apparently, by my auto-title setup. The TOC generated automatically looks odd-- with the appendix figures and tables being listed at the end. Is there place to specify that, instead, all figures should come out together, and that all tables should come out together, so that the TOC would have pages for Contents, Figures and Tables.

If not (as I suspect), then I think that I will suppress having appendix figures and tables in my table of contents, but it is convenient to have them all.
Paul
Icelander

Re: Order of items in Table of Contents

Post by Icelander »

Is there place to specify that, instead, all figures should come out together
Paul, if I select 'Figure Caption' in the "Title flows list" and then enable the small button on the right side called "List as separate section in TOC", I get all figures listed together in the TOC.
laup

Re: Order of items in Table of Contents

Post by laup »

Regrettably, that's not the problem. I had the "List as separate section in TOC" enabled. This causes all figures in the main text to appear together (rather than intermingled with text sections), but all appendix figures appear together later. The problem, I believe, is that my auto-title set-up for such documents looks something like this (significantly abbreviated)

1.Unnumbered Heading
2. Summary Section
Summary Table*
Summary Figure*
3.Chapter
4.Section
Figure*
Table*
5.Appendix
6.Appendix Section
Appendix Figure*
Appendix Table*

As a result, the table of contents shows all summary figures together, all main-text figures together, and all appendix figures together, but those groups are separated by the TOC items in between them as specified by the Auto-title hierarchy.
Paul