TOC alignment

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

Amontillado
Knows everything, can prove it

TOC alignment

Post by Amontillado »

I have a document with some auto titles using right justification. This is in an English left-to-right document.

I’ve got all my auto-titles set to use a different format. The right-justified auto-titles are right justified in the TOC.

Any suggestions where I should look?

One idea would be to lose the right justification, but I’m curious about how to cure the situation.
Amontillado

Re: TOC alignment

Post by Amontillado »

Ok, I figured it out. The tab stops set in the TOC format are not the tab stops in the document at large. The auto-flow headings were running out of tab stops on some of the levels.

Is there a way to remove a tab stop? I can see how to create tab stops at regular intervals, but it appears that once a tab stop is set, the only option for removing it is to remove all tab stops.

Is there a way to manage individual tab stops by entering tab offsets numerically, in the way the add tab stop dialog works?
Amontillado

Re: TOC alignment

Post by Amontillado »

Oh, happy day! I figured out the tab situation.

If you hover over a tab and get the right-and-left arrow mouse pointer, you can click and drag the tab to a new position.

If you click and drag it down to below the ruler, the tab is deleted.

If you click on the tab, when the mouse has that right-left pointer, the tab setting appears highlighted. You can type in a new setting there.