For all things Mellel
Well, not really. The discussion has revealed some fundamental truth:Yes, this is getting silly: involving the entire Forum in the process
1. Here we have a user who has written 200 pages in Mellel without obviously ever taking the time to read the Mellel Guide. No wonder that he encounters problems. Of all the programs I have ever worked with, Mellel is probably the least intuitive of them all.
2. As far as MS Word is concerned, the only guarantee for 100% error-free export and import is to use Word itself. Word wants (new) customers, and they are not interested in sharing export/import codes with their competitors.
3. LibreOffice used to be quite good at importing/exporting to MS Word. I used it to convert old Word files that were created prior to OS X, files that couldn't be converted anymore with Word! — So, it's always a good idea to check if one can use LibreOffice as a go-between.
4. Nisus Writer Pro uses LibreOffice importer. Therefore NWP can often do what Mellel can't do when it comes to converting files.
5. Having said that, if the Mellel forum were not already dead, I would suggest the original poster should send the document (or a shorter version of it) to a fellow Mellel user (for example jannuss) who can look into it. If the original poster doesn't want to send his original document, then he can use the FindSet I posted here in the forum to scramble all the characters. After the characters have been scrambled, no one can read the document in it's original form anymore, BUT the original formatting remains, and that's what counts.
6. jannuss: Regarding the mobile number and the possibility of robots collecting personal data, I would rather send it as "Private message." I hope that is better protected than the individual forum posts, which, in fact, are not protected at all.
Last edited by Icelander on Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
You see… that's what I meant! Since we all use the same program (Mellel) it's easy to send a file to another member of the forum for inspection. If a picture is worth a thousand words, an original document is worth two thousand words, if I may use that expression.
With Messages.app Mellel users can also start a video or audio call for free, and even share the same screen. That's more efficient than traditional posting when trying to solve persistent problems.
Has anyone tried that here?
I haven't done this myself, but I'm sure it could be great fun.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests