Hash marks and not prompting for titles

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

spinningdoc
Read the guide, knows everything

Hash marks and not prompting for titles

Post by spinningdoc »

I'm puzzled by this. If I untick the 'prompt for title' box in an autotitle flow, is there a way of getting title text into Mellel? Or is the prompt and dialogue box (which I'm not overly keen on) the only way to do it. Selecting and overtyping the has just gets rid of that particular object altogether, as far as I can tell.

And what's with the hashes anyway? Are they just placeholders? Is there anyway of getting rid of them so an autotitle object consists only of the text, not the title?
Ori Redler
One of the boys

Re: Hash marks and not prompting for titles

Post by Ori Redler »

spinningdoc wrote:I'm puzzled by this. If I untick the 'prompt for title' box in an autotitle flow, is there a way of getting title text into Mellel? Or is the prompt and dialogue box (which I'm not overly keen on) the only way to do it. Selecting and overtyping the has just gets rid of that particular object altogether, as far as I can tell.

And what's with the hashes anyway? Are they just placeholders? Is there anyway of getting rid of them so an autotitle object consists only of the text, not the title?
Could it be that with that particular auto-title you do not have a title element? The # appears when there is no content whatsoever in the title.

Ori
Ori Redler from RedleX
spinningdoc
Read the guide, knows everything

hash

Post by spinningdoc »

Yes, that's exactly the case. I was trying to use the 'don't prompt' tick box as a way of avoiding the dialogue box, but I guess it's for when there is no 'title' element in the Autotitle...