4 Feature Requests

Feature requests, and in-depth discussions of features and the way Mellel works

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

deltanick
Got the styles thing figured out

4 Feature Requests

Post by deltanick »

1. Allow option to open new page automatically when launching Mellel.

2. Split-view (vertical for sure, horizontal eventually).

3. Kerning control with ALL standard font formats (PS, TT, OT).

4. Export to both .docx AND .doc.
DavidH
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: 4 Feature Requests

Post by DavidH »

A couple questions about what you have in mind.

As to 1, is what you want an option for Mellel to automatically open a new DOCUMENT on launch? (I have no use for this myself, but tastes differ.)

As to 4, for as long as I can remember Mellel has respected the built-in kerning in PostScript and TrueType fonts as well as the newer OpenType, and the tracking or letterspacing feature (accessible via Options in the Character Attributes palette) seems to work fine with all three font formats.
deltanick
Got the styles thing figured out

Re: 4 Feature Requests

Post by deltanick »

1. Preferences Option: Open new page automatically upon launching Mellel.

2. Preferences Option: Keep FAVORITE fonts permanently at the top of the font list; most-recently used fonts appear immediately below.

3. Adjustable Split Screen: See page 1 on top, and page 27 below on same screen, to compare, copy, or edit (both MS Word and Nisus have this useful feature).

4. Preferences Option: Kerning (all font formats: Open Type, Post Script, True Type, Bitmap, etc).

I've updated my features request immediately above this sentence.

Ref. #1 - Yes, I'd like to set my Mellel to open a new page upon launch. Virtually all other word processors do this. I think it could be an potion to set in Preferences.

Ref. #2 - As I move from document to document, I have to keep searching for my favorite fonts (I have hundreds of fonts)> I would like to make sure that my favorites show up ON TOP, so I don't have to search for them. I believe this could be implemented as an potion in Preferences.

Ref. #3 - MS Word and Nisus have this feature, which allows one to copy, say, p. 77 to p. 4. It's a GREAT feature that would save much time.

Ref. #4 - Yes, I believe that Mellel respects built-in kerning, but a feature could be to adjust kerning tighter or looser.