Feature request: Accessibility -- vision

Feature requests, and in-depth discussions of features and the way Mellel works

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

jannuss
Knows everything, can prove it

Feature request: Accessibility -- vision

Post by jannuss »

I'm having vision problems and rely heavily on Apple's Accessibility options.

What I need from Mellel is the ability to increase the size of all the menus and options.
In the palettes, for example, I can't read the names of the character styles [I guess which is which based on their order/

Any improvement here would be greatly appreciated

Janet
Icelander

Re: Feature request: Accessibility -- vision

Post by Icelander »

Hi Janet,

Why are you posting this here? Feature requests should be sent directly to Eyal. He has made it clear that he doesn't (regularly) read the posts here, and he wants bug reports and feature requests sent directly to him.
In the palettes, for example, I can't read the names of the character styles
If I use Accessibility > Zoom > "Use scroll gesture with modifier keys to zoom" > Control
… I can easily enlarge the names of the character styles. Doesn't that work for you?

What about Zoom style: Picture-in-picture in: Accessibility > Zoom > Zoom style
What I need from Mellel is the ability to increase the size of all the menus and options.
I can't remember having heard of an application that would allow you to increase the size of the menus (and options.) If anyone has heard of such an application, please chime in.

Have you tried changing the screen resolution? The lower the resolution is, the bigger the characters will be.
Icelander

Re: Feature request: Accessibility -- vision

Post by Icelander »

jannuss wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:52 am In the palettes, for example, I can't read the names of the character styles
When I come to think of it, the Styles palette in Nisus Writer Pro has a so called "Style Preview Mode" where you can choose whether you want to see the styles as (1) Plain Text, (2) Formatted Text or (3) Formatted Text - Small Size. Best of all is that the Formatted Text is displayed in the palette exactly as it looks like in the document, with correct fonts, colors, underlining, and what not. Therefore there is no need to guess which is which and how the style will look like when you apply it to the text.

I know this won't help you in Mellel, but I just thought I should mention it.