Grammar in Mellel

Feature requests, and in-depth discussions of features and the way Mellel works

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

helopait
New to all this

Grammar in Mellel

Post by helopait »

Hello All,

In "Spelling" there is a "Check Grammar" box, but it appears grayed for me. In the discussions I saw that many ask for a third party grammar check, so I guess Mellel does not have yet a grammar check, is that correct? Or there is one and I'm somehow missing it?
My languages are Portuguese and English. I think I need only English grammar.

Besides that, I finally started using Mellel during this break, and I'm starting to enjoy it! I wish there were more templates available, so please let me know if you have some. I was using pages '09 (yes, I know, that's old) and it comes with lots of suggestions!

Happy New Year to all!

Heloisa
DavidH
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Grammar in Mellel

Post by DavidH »

My understanding is that the spelling and grammar options chosen in System Preferences don't apply in Mellel since Mellel doesn't use Apple's text rendering system and provides its own spell checking internally. There's no built in grammar checking in Mellel at this time, but Mellel recently added support for a third party app, Antidote, that provides some grammar checking. (I don't use Antidote myself.) Antidote needs to be bought separately and as far as I know supports only English and French.
maldenvik
New to all this

Re: Grammar in Mellel

Post by maldenvik »

I was very happy to see support for antidote in Mellel. Especially for me where English is not my primary language but my primary focus. Just shifted from ProWritingAid to Antidote.