Saving the Print Markers status

Feature requests, and in-depth discussions of features and the way Mellel works

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

Do you want the Print Markers status to be automatically saved at each change?

Sure I want! I always forget things!
83%
Uhm, no, I'm a very attentive type of person.
17%

Total votes: 6

ptram
Knows everything, can prove it

Saving the Print Markers status

Post by ptram »

Hi,

I wonder what is the general consensus about saving the Print Markers status. I would prefer that this Print dialog option was saved each time you change its status. I think this is a general, not a momentary preference. If I want to print markers now, I would probably want to print them the next time.

If the Print Marker checkbox is unchecked each time you print, as it is now, one could easily end up printing tons of paper, without the needed markers, and have to reprint it again.

Best regards,
Paolo
ptram

Post by ptram »

BTW, either you vote or not for the poll (that's just a game), please write the reason why you prefer one way or the other. Maybe I can learn something of how to use it in a different way.

Paolo
jolinwarren
Read the guide!

Post by jolinwarren »

I haven't voted because I'm undecided as I could see arguments for either way. As I haven't used this feature, I can't really draw from my own experience.
ptram

Post by ptram »

Currently, I work this way. First, I create, print and share a draft with markers. Each subsequent revision does contain markers. Finally, when I'm ready to share the finished text, I remove - or convert to ordinary text - all markers, so printing with or without them actived doen't make difference.

So, I would love to have marker printing always turned on (if I want so), since this will cause no harm. On the contrary, having them reset to off can cause waste of paper, or the loss of markers in the PDF I send to my collaborators.

Paolo
macsailor

Post by macsailor »

jolinwarren wrote:I haven't voted because I'm undecided as I could see arguments for either way. As I haven't used this feature, I can't really draw from my own experience.
The same goes for me. I have not used the feature yet, so it's quite difficult to give a fair vote from my part of the Mellel World.
Peter Edwardsson
Truth is not always popular, but it is always right.
ptram

Post by ptram »

macsailor wrote:I have not used the feature yet
Use it! Even if you do not need it. It's fantastic (and going better)!
I use it everyday. For example, when I add or change something in a document I am discussing with others, I can mark the new or changed text, so that they can immediately jump there. It is like a real-life marker. And, with different colors, you can easily track several different types of changes.

Paolo
macsailor

Post by macsailor »

ptram wrote:
macsailor wrote:I have not used the feature yet
Use it! Even if you do not need it. It's fantastic (and going better)!
I use it everyday. For example, when I add or change something in a document I am discussing with others, I can mark the new or changed text, so that they can immediately jump there. It is like a real-life marker. And, with different colors, you can easily track several different types of changes.

Paolo
I will try it, but I have one major problem with my computer, a Pismo. The display cable to my Pismo is defected and the colours shown on the screen is not the correct ones. Grey becomes blue. Black becomes red etc. As soon as I have bought a new MacBook (Pro?), I will use the feature.
Peter Edwardsson
Truth is not always popular, but it is always right.