Double-page view

Feature requests, and in-depth discussions of features and the way Mellel works

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

chinesemac
Got the styles thing figured out

Double-page view

Post by chinesemac »

I recently acquired a nice, big 1920 x 1200 display. I've never had room for this before, but now I would love to have the ability to display two pages side by side. I think it would greatly improve my writing experience in Mellel.

It would either [1] appear automatically when I widen the Mellel window enough to allow for it (at the selected zoom setting), or [2] I would have to select it in the Window > View menu ["Mellel view (double-page)"] and only then would it appear when the Mellel window is wide enough. Clicking page up/down would just move it along one page, while option-clicking page up/down would move it along two pages at a time.

I don't think there is much need for more advanced settings, but I'm not very savvy about Mellel's Document setup preferences. So maybe there could be some useful preference, like "Always show facing pages in double-page view" or whatever. I'm not sure, so I leave that to Mellel's designers. I'll be happy with the simple ability to view two pages at once.

Apologies in advance if this is an old topic. I know it has been requested here and there in the forums. But with the drop in price of big displays (and the recent larger-display iMacs), I think maybe it should move up to near the top of the quickly-fixable priority list.
DanZac
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Double-page view

Post by DanZac »

I'd like this too. It would be especially good when you're writing books and want to see how side-by-side pages look.