Please fix a very minor but irritating bug

Feature requests, and in-depth discussions of features and the way Mellel works

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

DanZac
Knows everything, can prove it

Please fix a very minor but irritating bug

Post by DanZac »

I've mentioned this to the developers and on the forum, but will mention it again as I find it so annoying. Basically, Mellel documents "jump" after editing either auto-titles or citations "inline". Try it for yourself: highlight an auto-title or citation, click "enter" to go into it, edit it, and then hit "enter" again to exit. You'll notice your screen jumps.
ozean

Re: Please fix a very minor but irritating bug

Post by ozean »

Another strange, minor but also somewhat irritating bug occurs when I scroll through the document. There is not only the usual vertical movement but also a very small, one or two pixel only, horizontal shift that immediately snaps back. It is only barely noticeable – but this is exactly what makes it so irritating, because you notice just enough to realize that something is not quite right. (Happens mostly in compact view, I think.)

I was able to capture this with QuickTime X’s screen recording feature and submitted a bug including the movie to the Redlers, but so far I haven’t heard back from them. (Not that we can discern much development in other areas of our favorite word processor, but still…)
Nicholas Coupland
New to all this

Post by Nicholas Coupland »

ozean wrote:Another strange, minor but also somewhat irritating bug occurs when I scroll through the document. There is not only the usual vertical movement but also a very small, one or two pixel only, horizontal shift that immediately snaps back...
I notice this effect too while scrolling quickly through documents using the mouse wheel.
DanZac

Post by DanZac »

This bug is still around and still annoying. It also happens when editing auto-titles. Please fix.
DanZac

Post by DanZac »

All right a bump of a 4.5 year old post I made about an annoying bug that is still there. Please fix!
ahankinson

Post by ahankinson »

Hey DanZac!

I can't seem to reproduce this on 2.9.1.

In the outline pane I can navigate and hit enter to edit an auto-title, and then hit enter to leave it. My document stays in the same place.

I can't hit enter, but I can double-click on the auto-title in the document. I can then hit enter to dismiss the dialog box, but my screen doesn't jump.