Color

Feature requests, and in-depth discussions of features and the way Mellel works

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

Vaissiere
Read the guide!

Color

Post by Vaissiere »

One small improvement: I regard the path to change the color of the font in mellel as quite cumbersome. Basically I would make use of one single color in a text, on top of black, to signal a problem. A useful feature in Word is that it will "remember" which color on top of black I have made use last time, so that with a simple click on the button "color" will switch to red. In Mellel I would have to click on the color button in the palette (sometimes more if the big A is not selected) and then on the desired color in the poping up color palette. Would it not be possible in the caracter format pallette to add a second button, on the right of the present one, which would switch the color of the font to the "last used except black" one ? There is room free there on the palette.

Etienne
jannuss
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Color

Post by jannuss »

Etienne, have you considered using style variations?

You can define a variation called "color" or "problem" or whathaveyou.
Then, all you need to do to change color is to click on the variation window in the Character Style palette or use one of the keyboard shortcuts.

Janet
redlers
Site Admin

Post by redlers »

jannuss wrote:Etienne, have you considered using style variations?

Then, all you need to do to change color is to click on the variation window in the Character Style palette or use one of the keyboard shortcuts.

Janet
Janet,

While I agree that using style variations is the way to do this systematically, we should devise a way to also do this quickly as an ad-hoc thing.
rpcameron

Post by rpcameron »

It seems to me this is a situation where Markers would be of use. I know they color the background instead of the text color, but the concept is basically the same.

Perhaps this is the time and place to bring up the revamping of the Marker system. Perhaps their features should be expanded, to include more customization, such as foreground colors, names (perhaps this is already there, I don't use them so I don't really know), and other management features. Also, perhaps they could be rolled into Style Sets, to allow them to tied to different uses—at least allow them to be put into independent sets like Auto-Titles are.
— Robert Cameron
ozean

Post by ozean »

I was also thinking of Markers in the use scenario that you gave us, Etienne. But of course that doesn’t mean that there isn’t room for improvement… ;)
Vaissiere
Read the guide!

Post by Vaissiere »

jannuss wrote:Etienne, have you considered using style variations?

Janet

Yes, I have done that in teh past, but I still would regard a button more useful and practical
Sermafrem
New to all this

anuncios gratuitos carros

Post by Sermafrem »

regards