inserting page numbers

Feature requests, and in-depth discussions of features and the way Mellel works

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

jarod347
New to all this

inserting page numbers

Post by jarod347 »

Hi All,

I have tried to find the answer to this question with no luck.

For some of my references I need to have the page number preceded by a colon, not a comma. I normally insert my reference (using bookends) and get something like:

Shelom Morag, "Qumran Hebrew," VT 38 (19998): 148-157.

So, by default, my style puts in a page range after a colon following the date. When I want to put a specific page I double click the reference and add @148 to the reference, which gives me:

Shelom Morag, "Qumran Hebrew," VT 38 (19998), 148.

So, either bookends or mellel is replacing the colon with a comma. What do I need to do to get the colon to stay put.

Here is my bookends style: a, "t," u4 v (d): p-.

Thanks!

Jarod
nicka
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: inserting page numbers

Post by nicka »

The following will change the punctuation for all citations with cited pages:

In Bookends, choose Biblio>Formats Manager...
Then choose the Citation Options tab.
Then the Common Settings sub tab.
Then edit the text labelled 'Before' under Cited Pages.

It probably has

You need to change that to
:
tineline
Got the styles thing figured out

Re: inserting page numbers

Post by tineline »

I have a slightly different version of this problem. I am using Chicago 16 B at the moment, for a specific mellel document. When I try to insert pages, they display in Mellel as "Hansen 2000124" (p124). My Formats manager in Bookends has got the : in the before range and nothing in the after range boxes. I cite pages using @.

Somehow, the only style that does not do this is my default style which I heavily modified from Harvard. That one behaves exactly as I want, but whenever I try to cite from any other system, I get the same problem presenting and end up editing in the final citation style instead of the temporary citation.

Any input would be very helpful - the beauty of using a ref manager is of course that this is all conforming to the output style.