Some lines are hidden

Feature requests, and in-depth discussions of features and the way Mellel works

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

jdkim62
New to all this

Some lines are hidden

Post by jdkim62 »

After upgrading to 5.0, I have experienced some weird phenomenon. When I edit a document, at least one line of words is not shown in the following paragraph on screen but reappears when the cursor is moved there. Has anyone experienced the same?
rwg
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Some lines are hidden

Post by rwg »

Yes, I have been experiencing the same phenomenon. I had been thinking that it might be because I was working on a rather large file, but perhaps that is not the case.
Amontillado

Post by Amontillado »

Just curious, since I'm starting to work on something that will be of some size.

Do you see that phenomena in both compact and Mellel views?
rwg

Post by rwg »

In my case, it happens in Mellel view (I never use compact view), and the hidden line is usually at the top of a page.
ymeroz
Got the auto-title mojo working

Post by ymeroz »

I saw it too, it's hard to reproduce. What I see is that the last line of the first page appears again as the first line of the next page. If I select this line and the next few things appear correctly. It might happen when lines in the first page are added or deleted.
DavidH

Post by DavidH »

This bug has been reported and the Redlers are working on it. It can happen on small files as well as large ones, and selecting the affected paragraphs by dragging over them seems to bring back any missing text. The text isn't gone, it just fails to display properly.