Change default settings for Image properties

Feature requests, and in-depth discussions of features and the way Mellel works

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

A.D. Riddle
Got the auto-title mojo working

Change default settings for Image properties

Post by A.D. Riddle »

When I drag-n-drop an image into a document, it is by default "floating" and the box is checked for "Image causes wrap." Is it possible to make it so that every image is by default "inline" and the box is unchecked for "Image causes wrap"?

A.D.
DavidH
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Change default settings for Image properties

Post by DavidH »

As far as I can tell the answer is no. Dragged images start their lives as floating and wrapped-around; images brought in using the Insert Image menu option start their lives as inline. Once an image is in the document you can double-click it to get the Edit Image popover and change these properties as you see fit, but doesn’t seem to be any preference you can set to make dragged images inline from the start.
somelinguist
New to all this

Re: Change default settings for Image properties

Post by somelinguist »

Would it be possible to add a setting to enable using drag and drop to insert inline images by default? Or perhaps to do so when a certain key is also pressed.

I often need to produce documents for language learning materials that have tables of multiple images. My workflow is usually to find the images in another app by searching their metadata, and then dragging them into the table cells in the document. Currently dragging and dropping the image messes up the document layout until I adjust the images settings and then move it again so it will be in the table cell. On the other hand, It is also tedious to find the file name of the image again using Insert Image menu option, since I find the images by searching for metadata in another app.

I've been able to do this in the past in apps like Pages and Word, but it would be great to be able to transition creating such documents using Mellel!