BE biblio placement

Feature requests, and in-depth discussions of features and the way Mellel works

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

mkenney
Read the guide!

BE biblio placement

Post by mkenney »

I have brought this issue up before (http://forum.redlers.com/viewtopic.php? ... +placement), but would like to make a formal request in the new forum.

I believe that it is essential to have control over where a bibliography is placed. Many Philosophy and Classsics journals want submissions arranged thus: 1) body, 2) notes, 3) bibliography. At present I can manage 1) and 2) by using endnotes rather than footnotes. 3) is impossible. So, I cut the generated bibliography and paste it in a new file.

I would like to have notes and bibliography each placed in their own files, so that a given article would be a collection of 3 files. If this is not possible, I would like control over where a bibliography is placed in a given file.

Would others like control over bibliography placement?
shades
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by shades »

Yes, I would find that very helpful.
Ori Redler
One of the boys

Re: BE biblio placement

Post by Ori Redler »

mkenney wrote:I have brought this issue up before (http://forum.redlers.com/viewtopic.php? ... +placement), but would like to make a formal request in the new forum.

I believe that it is essential to have control over where a bibliography is placed. Many Philosophy and Classsics journals want submissions arranged thus: 1) body, 2) notes, 3) bibliography. At present I can manage 1) and 2) by using endnotes rather than footnotes. 3) is impossible. So, I cut the generated bibliography and paste it in a new file.

I would like to have notes and bibliography each placed in their own files, so that a given article would be a collection of 3 files. If this is not possible, I would like control over where a bibliography is placed in a given file.

Would others like control over bibliography placement?
I think you should expect positive developments here soon...
Ori Redler from RedleX
mkenney
Read the guide!

Post by mkenney »

Outstanding!