Request to eliminate "Screen jumping" and improve citing pgs

Feature requests, and in-depth discussions of features and the way Mellel works

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

DanZac
Knows everything, can prove it

Request to eliminate "Screen jumping" and improve citing pgs

Post by DanZac »

I have mentioned this to the developers by email as well as here before, but as they are quite small requests I realize they get lost in the shuffle of bigger features being implemented.

Mellel has an annoying habit of the screen "jumping" as it were whenever you hit "enter" after including the page number in a BE/Sente citation. The same thing happens when editing an auto-title "in-text". I find this really annoying as it requires mouse-work to get back to where I was.

One more suggestion— I'd really love it if after entering a citation from BE/Sente, the cursor would already be "in" the citation so that the cited page could be cited immediately. Very minor, but would be very handy indeed.

thanks
palazzo
Got the auto-title mojo working

Re: Request to eliminate "Screen jumping" and improve citing pgs

Post by palazzo »

Re: entering page number, this can be accomplished in Bookends if you hit Cmd-Ctrl-Y rather than Cmd-Y.
--
MacBookPro
Intel Core2Duo 2.33 GHz
2.0 GB RAM
OS 10.5.7
DanZac

Post by DanZac »

hey that's neat, I didn't know that!

screen jumping still persists
macsailor

Post by macsailor »

DanZac wrote:Mellel has an annoying habit of the screen "jumping" as it were whenever you hit "enter" after including the page number in a BE/Sente citation. The same thing happens when editing an auto-title "in-text". I find this really annoying as it requires mouse-work to get back to where I was.
I have been using the Mellel/Bookend combo since 2003 and I have never experienced this behaviour that your are mentioning. Strange, indeed.
Peter Edwardsson
Truth is not always popular, but it is always right.
DanZac

Post by DanZac »

macsailor wrote:
DanZac wrote:Mellel has an annoying habit of the screen "jumping" as it were whenever you hit "enter" after including the page number in a BE/Sente citation. The same thing happens when editing an auto-title "in-text". I find this really annoying as it requires mouse-work to get back to where I was.
I have been using the Mellel/Bookend combo since 2003 and I have never experienced this behaviour that your are mentioning. Strange, indeed.
Really! Am I the only one seeing the screen jumping? I can screencast it need be!
SimoneUe
Got the styles thing figured out

Post by SimoneUe »

Really! Am I the only one seeing the screen jumping? I can screencast it need be!
No! I know exactly what you are talking about and I find it disturbing too. I'm using Sente too, maybe it does not happen with other programms?