Cross reference that shows auto title numbering

Feature requests, and in-depth discussions of features and the way Mellel works

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

claudesapp
New to all this

Cross reference that shows auto title numbering

Post by claudesapp »

I have been trying to get cross references to show the numbering given to auto titles that are numbered automatically.

An example is an auto title labelled "2.4.3 Best Subset". The 2.4.3 is automatic, and I can get the cross reference to display the "(see Best Subset)", but what I want is a cross reference that says "(see 2.4.3)".

I have tried to use the levels elements in cross references, but can't get this to work. Anyone have ideas?

Thanks,
Claude
verma
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Cross reference that shows auto title numbering

Post by verma »

Did you check the Ref Format in the Edit title Flows? It should work no problem, if all your settings are correct.

If your Ref formats are good, and you select the cross-reference under "auto-titles" then it should work all-rightish.

Let me know.

best regards!
harryhoffner
Read the guide, knows everything

Post by harryhoffner »

I don't understand the abbreviated explanation of verma. Can you be fuller in explaining to a beginner like me, or at least tell me the section or page in the User Guide? Thanks.
verma
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by verma »

harryhoffner wrote:I don't understand the abbreviated explanation of verma. Can you be fuller in explaining to a beginner like me, or at least tell me the section or page in the User Guide? Thanks.
Hi,
sorry for that. It might help to look at Don's excellent Tutorial, at page 158 (pdf version), figure 264: in the "menu bar" for each level you see "Format", "TOC Format", ... "Ref format". The last one means: Format for Cross References.

And then p. 168 (fig. 287) can help you further. I suspect that's the problem for the original poster.

Feel free to post again if it still doesn't work.

best regards!