automatic numbering within table

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

joern
Already downloaded the guide

automatic numbering within table

Post by joern »

Hello
I have a table were I want insert photographs and to each photograph a description: two rows with three columns. Within the first row the photographs and within the second row the descriptions in each cell. I tried to apply automatic numbering for the photographs but it's not possible within a table. Questions: is it simply not possible within a cell or do I have to do certain procedures?

nice regards,
Jörn
ozean
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: automatic numbering within table

Post by ozean »

As far as I know that is not possible. We’re in between the fire and the frying pan here:

Fire: Mellel has no built-in way to do captions
Frying pan: Mellel cannot do auto-titles in tables

This can make it really hard to use Mellel properly alongside images – I had to do some ugly manual work arounds for a recent book project to get text into at least somewhat agreeable position in relation to images. And what is worse: things will break down if I have to edit the text so that word position or page positions change. A very uncomfortable and un-Mellelish experience :(
shades

Post by shades »

I use Mellel and it is a great word processor. Yet, what you note regarding captions/images, is what prompted me four years ago to purchase Papyrus for publishing a book: for the cross-over between word processor and page layout it is excellent. It handles captions and placement effortlessly.
Rich
old, slow, and confused...but at least I’m inconsistent!

iMac 27" (10. 13. 8 ) and MBP 13" Retina (10. 13. 8 )
nicka

Post by nicka »

Do you know if Papyrus is still being developed? The most recent version on MacUpdate is from 2007, and their website says that Papyrus is for "for Mac OS X 10.4.x (Tiger, incl. Intel Macs), and 10.3.x (Panther)" which doesn't inspire confidence.
joern
Already downloaded the guide

Post by joern »

Well, it seems that it is simply not possible. I don't publish a book so that I can get over this at least at the moment.

jörn
ozean

Post by ozean »

nicka wrote:Do you know if Papyrus is still being developed? The most recent version on MacUpdate is from 2007, and their website says that Papyrus is for "for Mac OS X 10.4.x (Tiger, incl. Intel Macs), and 10.3.x (Panther)" which doesn't inspire confidence.
Their website is a mess. They continue developing it under the name Papyrus Autor. You can get a demo version here: http://www.papyrus.de/demo.htm#macdemo
It seems, however, that they only have a German version… :shock: