Crash report

Feature requests, and in-depth discussions of features and the way Mellel works

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

torbjorn perttu
Got the styles thing figured out

Crash report

Post by torbjorn perttu »

For the first time, Mellel has crashed. So, when I head for the automatic backup which I am informed are saved into /Library/Application Support/Mellel/Backup, the /Mellel/Backup part does not exist.

When I come to think about it, it was about 30 minutes ago since I last saved the document. Which means that the possible reason for the crash might be that the automatic backup folder does not exist...
torbjorn perttu

Re: Crash report

I added the missing folders, but Melles still does not backup (at least not in the mentioned folder ;)
ozean
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by ozean »

I guess we need some more information to help you troubleshoot this: Which version of Mellel are you using and which version of the Mac OS?
nicka
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by nicka »

Shouldn't they be in /~/Library/Application Support/Mellel/Backup? I mean, the path you gave is in the Library folder at the root level of your disk, but the one you want is the one in your user folder.

The tilde (~) is short for /Users/[your short user name]/, so the complete explicit path to your backups is /Users/[your short user name]/Library/Application Support/Mellel/Backup.
torbjorn perttu

Ah, that explains it. Yes, I navigated from the root folder. Everything is available where it should be. Thank you very much.