disappearing page styles

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

Feanaaro
Already downloaded the guide

disappearing page styles

Post by Feanaaro »

I have experienced what it seems to be a bug with Mellel 2.9 and/or 2.9.1
In fact, some of my defined page styles do appear when I am working in certain documents, and disappear in others. This seems to be limited to styles created after installing version 2.9.
That is to say, "old" (before 2.9) styles seems to appear correctly everywhere, while the behaviour of "new" styles is erratic. It is a little like there are "implicitly" two sets of styles, which appear (randomly?) in different documents. In fact, for example, I defined two page styles (called "numbered" and "curriculum") while working on a document, only to see them disappear in other previously create documents (but they seem to appear correctly if I create a new document). Then I re-defined the same "numbered" (but not "curriculum") in one of those other documents, and now it appears correctly in all those "others". So I have a set of documents with all my old styles + the two new ones, and another set of documents (appearently all the older ones, but I have not checked every single one) which has the old styles + the new one that I added. If I add a new page style to either set, it does not show in the other, they are "forked", so to speak.
Has anyone experienced something similar (assuming I have been able to explain it decently enough)?
Feanaaro
Already downloaded the guide

Re: disappearing page styles

Post by Feanaaro »

please... anyone?
ahankinson
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: disappearing page styles

Post by ahankinson »

Did you contact the Redlers about this?