Mellel 5 and docx

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

Bulow
Knows everything, can prove it

Mellel 5 and docx

Post by Bulow »

I was delighted to receive Mellel 5 and to see that it finally has the long awaited feature of converting into docx format. Today I needed it to submit a paper, where the editor, (of course don't they always), demanded Word. I ran into the following problems:
1) An *-note at the beginning was transformed into an ordinary note changing the numbers of the following footnotes.
2) The editor demands TimesNewRoman for English and IfaoGrec Unicode for Greek. This works so well in Mellel, but in Word everything came out in TNR. Since I have used some special signs in IfaoGrec that are not recognised by TNR, this will not do. Perhaps Word simply cannot do this?
3) Somewhere I had used IfaoGrec exposant in order to show letters that have been written above others. This went completely haywire.
Am I behaving like a man who sells a Mercedes and buys a Dacia, and then complains that it will not do the same things?
Bülow
Eyal Redler
Co-founder

Re: Mellel 5 and docx

Post by Eyal Redler »

First, if possible, don't post on the forum what is clearly a bug report.
Regarding the issues you raised:
1. Note symbol, Mellel has multiple note streams, Word has only two. when exporting to docx, all footnotes, from all streams, are exported to the single footnote stream and the attributes of this streams are taken from the first stream in your stream list. For example, say you have 3 streams, Footnotes, Author-notes and Endnotes and say your document contains only one Author Note, Mellel will export that author-note as a footnote and will use the attributes of the "Footnotes" stream
2. This is probably because the secondary font is not exported at the moment. We will add this in the future.
3. Not sure about that. Please report to us directly.
Eyal Redler
----------------------
Co-Founder and Owner at Mellel
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/mellelwordprocessor
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MellelRedlex
Donate: https://www.paypal.com/donate/?hosted_b ... 2LWB33YBZW
nvalvo
Read the guide, knows everything

Post by nvalvo »

I hope I am just missing something obvious, but I am trying to export documents (each with a single note stream) from Mellel 5 to .docx and the notes are not showing up in the resulting .docx files. Any ideas?
DavidH
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by DavidH »

Footnote export is working fine for many of us, and you don't describe any special features of your documents that might be responsible for the problem. You should report this to support and send the Redlers an affected document so they can look for bugs.