About new and old Mellel templates

Feature requests, and in-depth discussions of features and the way Mellel works

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

Icelander
Knows everything, can prove it

About new and old Mellel templates

Post by Icelander »

Every time I update Mellel the Templates folder is shaken up. Now all my custom templates also appear under "All" as Default category. They shouldn't be there. How can I fix this? Or is this a new bug?

I know the Custom Templates are in Application Support > Mellel 5 > Templates, but I can't find the Default templates files (in Finder.) I used the application 'Find Any File' to search for "Blue Business Letter" which is a default template, but nothing was found, neither in visible nor invisible mode.

So far so good. Now to the new templates Eyal promised on Jul 06, 2021. It seems only two new templates were added to v5.1: Book - Technical and Book - Novel. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Both are valuable additions to the old templates. Thank you Eyal.

On July 10, 2021, Paul suggested
reports, including dissertations, and journal articles.
This is indeed what I would liked to see here. Paul, I did not quite understand your description. But you seem to have a clear idea of how this should look like. Couldn't you please be so kind and upload the templates you mentioned so we can profit from your ideas.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3830&p=20283&hilit= ... les#p20283

And finally, for those who don't already know, a webpage with (old!) custom templates can be found here:
https://www.mellel.com/downloadother/#Templates

As I just said, these are old templates, and they are mostly, if I remember right, little more than a skeleton. Some, like the APA template, are obsolete.
I don't want to sound too negative, but if Mellel aficionados still exist somewhere, why are those templates not kept up-to-date???