Feature request: folders

Feature requests, and in-depth discussions of features and the way Mellel works

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

Joel
Got the styles thing figured out

Feature request: folders

Post by Joel »

This is an awesome app. It would be very helpful to be able to create Folders to organize docs into. Please consider.
Icelander
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Feature request: folders

Post by Icelander »

To give Eyal a clear idea of what you want, you should be a bit more specific.

How exactly do you want this feature to look like? Like the Document Manager in Nisus Writer Pro?
(1) Should the folders be organized hierarchically? And be searchable?
(2) How exactly would you like to organize your Mellel documents? Based on topics? Date? Languages? …

In the meantime, working with smart folders in the Finder isn't a bad idea. The documents can be arranged by tags and sorted by creation date or modification date, for example. And if you enable the menu command "Show Preview" (Shift+Command+P) you can see the content in a preview-column to the right.

Using external organizers (like EagleFiler) is another option. But I don't know whether you are interested in hearing about that…
Joel

Post by Joel »

I’m using the Mellel version on the IPad Pro.

In the main window where docs are stored, it would be helpful to have the ability to create folders and even sub-folders for the purpose of organization. Lacking this ability at present limits organizational structure of filing docs in a systematic way. It appears like a “recent” folder without additional structure. Working on multiple documents gets confusing.

So a hierarchal structure would be helpful. Searchable would also help.
Icelander

Post by Icelander »

I’m using the Mellel version on the iPad Pro.
Oh sorry, I didn't know that. I don't have an iPad myself, so just ignore my comments.
Good luck.
Joel

Post by Joel »

Appreciate your input. It was my fault for not specifying the IPad Pro version instead of the desktop version. Thx.
Joel

Post by Joel »

Any update on the ability to add folders on the iPadOS version of Mellel. Sorting out several docs get complicated quickly. Just wondering…
DavidH

Post by DavidH »

It might be a good idea to write a support request about this if you haven’t already done so.