Page margins now display in pts instead of inches for US Letter. How do I change to inches? RESOLVED

Feature requests, and in-depth discussions of features and the way Mellel works

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

o0Mellel0o
Got the auto-title mojo working

Page margins now display in pts instead of inches for US Letter. How do I change to inches? RESOLVED

Post by o0Mellel0o »

Had not encountered this until today. My documents are typically US Letter Default. I have version 5.0.8r6 and prior to today Jan. 06, 2023 when I opened the Margins & Orientation box it displayed Inches. Now it is showing Pts. I need to change it to inches. How is this done?

I am on a Mac running OS X 11. Everything I have used displays inches when I expected it to.

I tried going into File / Page Setup and it does show Size: Letter in Inches yet when I open the Margins & Orientation box it is showing Pts.

Thank you
Last edited by o0Mellel0o on Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
o0Mellel0o
Got the auto-title mojo working

Re: Page margins now display in pts instead of inches for US Letter. How do I change to inches?

Post by o0Mellel0o »

OK I figured it out. Preferences. I forgot to go to the first place one should check to customize things. :-))

I do wonder how that ever switched to Pts. though. I used it just the other day and it was in inches. I would remember whether I had changed it in Preferences. I did set up the WiFi on my printer. But I wasn't printing using Mellel. It was Preview from MacOS. And the whole time I was discovering, researching and correcting this the printer was off so it was not getting any possible input from that direction.
DavidH
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Page margins now display in pts instead of inches for US Letter. How do I change to inches? RESOLVED

Post by DavidH »

This may not clear up all your mysteries, but Page Setup gives sizes in inches regardless of Mellel's preference setting -- that particular box gets drawn by the OS rather than by Mellel. I always have my Mellel pref set to Pts but Page Setup in particular always shows me inches.