Greek Accents

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

jf22
New to all this

Greek Accents

Post by jf22 »

I'm trying two different ways to get Greek text from Accordance Bible Software into Mellel. I can simply copy the text and paste into Word and into Pages and the accents come over correctly, but when I do so in Mellel the accents become a bit jumbled. I have the option in Accordance to save text file as an RTF file and I did so, but it did the same thing in Mellel. Any help on how to fix this? I do not want to use Word and only have Pages for 30 day trial.
rpcameron
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Greek Accents

Post by rpcameron »

It seems like this might be an issue with Accordance relying on the system's AAT support. Have you tried copy and pasting into TextEdit, and then from TextEdit into Mellel? If that does not work, either, then it's probably a problem with the way Mellel is handling clipboard data from Accordance, and you should file a bug report with the Redlers.
— Robert Cameron
macsailor

Post by macsailor »

I have had similar problems with text (Swedish) that I copied from a pdf file and then pasted into a Mellel document. All the umlauts were a bit jumbled as well. I think, if I recall correctly, it had something todo with the way Mellel handles or treats the text and that that way differs from the way the system handle it. Do not remember if I found a work around or not. ( I haven't got the time to test right now, since I am busy with writing a paper that I have to deliver to the University tomorrow afternoon and I'm late as usual).
Peter Edwardsson
Truth is not always popular, but it is always right.
DanZac

Post by DanZac »

First, are you pasting the regular way or plain text? I paste plain text from Accordance so that Mellel applies my chosen fonts (Greek is my secondary font).

If you are doing this already, what font are you using? Some fonts have gone a little weird for Greek unicode since Leopard, but Galatia and Gentium still work well for me (except for a minor annoyance—rough breathing with acute accent does not properly display)

Hope this helps.
macsailor

Post by macsailor »

DanZac wrote:First, are you pasting the regular way or plain text? I paste plain text from Accordance so that Mellel applies my chosen fonts (Greek is my secondary font).
Pasting in plain text was the work around that once solved my problem. Hope it solves the problems for jf22 regarding the Greek accents as well.
Peter Edwardsson
Truth is not always popular, but it is always right.
jf22
New to all this

Post by jf22 »

Problem fixed. The font I am using is called Teknia Greek. I simply needed to download the latest version of it. Once I downloaded it, problem fixed. Now it's time to break my MS Word captivity and learn Mellel.