Export comments to Word

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

sundog
Got the styles thing figured out

Export comments to Word

Post by sundog »

Is it possible to export a document from Mellel 5.1 to Word .docx and have its comments visible in Word?

Another issue is the exported Word document's page numbering is slightly 'out of sync' with the original Mellel. An exported PDF has correct page numbers. Any clues where to look to resolve this? I thought of margins, page setup and perhaps header and footer settings. The Mellel doc has 106 pages, the Word export 114 pages.
Icelander
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Export comments to Word

Post by Icelander »

Is it possible to export a document from Mellel 5.1 to Word .docx and have its comments visible in Word?
I can confirm that this doesn't seem to be possible, no comments are exported when I do it.
the exported Word document's page numbering is slightly 'out of sync' with the original Mellel. […] I thought of margins, page setup and perhaps header and footer settings.
That's where I would look first too. I guess you may have to pin down the import template your Word uses when it imports documents. It doesn't have to be the same as Word's default writing template.
sundog

Post by sundog »

Thanks for your thoughts. It's a pity about the comments not being imported – I copied each one of about 80 and pasted them into the exported Word doc.

I think the pagination would be fixable somehow.

Thanks, Stuart
Icelander
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by Icelander »

sundog wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:11 pm It's a pity about the comments not being imported – I copied each one of about 80 and pasted them into the exported Word doc.
Instead of doing that, why didn't you export the document in RTF which preserves the comments?
sundog

Post by sundog »

Thanks! In the words of Cher - "if I could turn back time'!