MacOS System Preferences permissions

Feature requests, and in-depth discussions of features and the way Mellel works

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

perefarrando
New to all this

MacOS System Preferences permissions

Post by perefarrando »

I have MacOS Catalina on my laptop and System Preferences is annoyingly nagging me.

- I open Mellel.
- A System Preferences notification comes up telling me Mellel wants to access the Documents folder.
- I open System Preferences and unlock it, but Mellel doesn't show up on 'Security and Privacy' > 'Privacy' > 'Files and Folders'.
- Moreover, the notification is grayed out and I cannot operate on it.

With other applications, the solution is to restart the computer and go again to System Preferences > Security and Privacy. The application now shows up there and I can authorize it.

With Mellel, it is to no avail. I restart the computer, but Mellel keeps not showing there and I cannot authorize it. Simply, the notification comes up again and all stays the same.

I would appreciate a helping hand here. The Apple forums do not seem to have any similar question registered.

Thanks in advance.
rwg
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: MacOS System Preferences permissions

Post by rwg »

This is just a wild guess, but perhaps you have to manually add Mellel to the list of apps (by clicking on the + sign below the list). Or have you already tried that?
perefarrando
New to all this

Re: MacOS System Preferences permissions

Post by perefarrando »

Thank you.

It worked, but in a slightly different way: The +– button in "Files and Folders" was inactive, so I authorized Mellel in "Full Disk Access" and, having done that, Mellel showed up in "Files and Folders".

Again, thanks a lot.