Switching Style sets

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

kcjimmyk
Read the guide!

Switching Style sets

Post by kcjimmyk »

I am trying to use two style sets for the same document. When I switch from one style set to another everything works fine EXCEPT The paragraph and character styles on Auto-Style entries do not change unless I select them manually and change each one. Not that easy on a 500 page document. Can anyone help me please?

Thanks
Amontillado
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Switching Style sets

Post by Amontillado »

I wonder if that has to do with the way auto-titles can have boilerplate text and manual deviations from character styles. Maybe Mellel doesn't have a way of separating what is in the auto-title from the auto-title definition versus what's added when the title is applied.

I used to swap styles for two different critique groups. Those were short stories. I doubt I ever used an auto-title for those.

If I could have one wish with Mellel, it would be to dispense with global styles in documents. Make all styles local to documents.

Support that with a way to load and save style sets to a library. That might eliminate some learning curves.

I suspect that glosses over other design decisions. Consider me just another user with tons of ideas that all start with "all you have to do is..."