Outline text

Feature requests, and in-depth discussions of features and the way Mellel works

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

Cynops
Got the auto-title mojo working

Outline text

Post by Cynops »

Is there any way to change the text attributes of the outline pane? I'm working on a very large document and the outline is now quite the grocery list of heading names. It would be nice if I could somehow highlight the headings I'm currently working on so that they're easier to find in the outline list. Either color of text or some kind of fill. I don't want to change the attributes of the heading in the text of the document, just in the outline pane.
DavidH
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Outline text

Post by DavidH »

There's a way to get much of what you want, if you're willing to use a colored underline to mark the pieces of the document you're working on. You can temporarily give outline entries a colored underline using the Markers in the Marker palette. Select the outline entry first and then select your marker color in the palette. When you do this the corresponding autotitles in the main text get a background of the same color (which may or may not bother you). These colored markers don't print or affect formatting in any way. When you're done with a marker you can remove it by selecting the relevant outline entry and changing its marker to none. Markers can be set and removed either by selecting the relevant autotitle in the main text or by selecting the relevant entry in the outline, so you can set and clear your markers entirely in the outline if you wish. The built in Marker colors are pretty unsaturated, but vermillion should be visible enough for this purpose.